Monday, October 25, 2010

ten.

thank you, Rita Springer, for being on groove shark for me to enjoy tonight. . .

it's 10. . . it feels like 2.

sometimes, it's 10, and it feels like 6

and sometimes, it's 10- and it feels like 10

I'm speaking a night of peaceful rest. of restoration. of everything i need to prepare for another 4 hours in the car tomorrow, and my week at the hospital, with a courageous young woman, making a choice of love, for the precious life inside of her.

looking forward to kissing that baby's face . . . that face of hope and a future- that face of selfless love and sacrifice and provision and bravery. . .

it moves me.
it stirs my spirit

it makes me a little nervous and keeps me up at night because i. cannot. imagine. . . i cannot imagine being that amazing young woman, when everything inside and outside of me - biologically and socially and even mentally and emotionally . . . says "parent. parent. parent." she'll produce milk for a child that won't latch on. she'll lose the weight she gained while that little life nested in her. she'll probably have stretch marks and a weaker bladder and whatever else our body naturally does after giving birth . . .

and it makes me sick that adoption is not celebrated more. . . has such this weird stigma and it shouldn't, because it's such a difficult & beautiful and incredible sacrifice.

God authored adoption.

so many thoughts right now. . .

hold me, Jesus- it's ten and it's bed time!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You and your birth mom are in my prayers. Your heart is so pure and right in this. God will honor that. Blessings to you and your birth mom!

Jan said...

:) love learning more about this aspect of life and God. Thanks.